In the last decade or so, Artificial Intelligence has seen a steady ascend in development. And in the previous few years, this has hiked to a degree of popularity among various fields of the global machinery. Companies have begun integrating AI tools into their systems to automate most of the previously manual processes, thereby saving a lot of time and resources along the way. This positive impact of Artificial Intelligence in the corporate sector has sparked further research to enable more tools to help with new development in other areas, one of them being web development.
Although still a relatively far-fetched idea, researchers and enthusiasts are continually looking for a way to involve the intelligence of machines into web development. This is because, in the last decade, the demand for unique websites has increased manifold. The internet runs mostly on these websites, and there has also been an unhindered surge in competition, thereby revving up the need for wholly customised websites for better engagement. This fits the job definition of Artificial Intelligence, and thus, there are substantial chances of the same to make a grand entry into the industry soon enough.
How is AI going to change the nuances of web development
Artificial Intelligence can contribute in plenty of ways to the web development industry. Six of such contributions are mentioned in the list below:
- Data-driven UI designs will be the way with AI: Artificial Intelligence works on data collected from people in similar situations and/or through surveys. Hence, the software that will be taking care of the designing part will already have the opinions of many. Moreover, this will be driven by the results achieved previously. If some kind of design did better than others, AI would be quick to discern that, thus making more use of that successful design to create the website for the client. An optimal combination of many such designs are likely to create something more powerful, and AI will be prepared to do just that. Ideally, artificial intelligence will include design elements that users respond best to, in order to enhance bot user response and bounce rate.
- Optimised and customisable tools: The tools used in a website are the most crucial. Sometimes, however, web developers and clients fail to put the finger on the exact kind of tools they need. This can be hazardous for the business since a lot of things depend upon the correct usage of tools. However, when it comes to AI maneuvering the same tools, the work gets a lot easier. The accuracy with which a software, an intelligent one at that, will map the suitable tools to a website is unparalleled and is bound to add an edge to the finished product. Artificial intelligence has come to prevalence due to its capability to learn swiftly, and it is this learning that will help it design better and faster tools for users.
- More work done by machines, less by man: Workforce is an indispensable resource today, especially because the things that a machine can do are being delegated to those, leaving behind strictly manual work for the humans. However, this is yet to percolate into the web development industry, meaning that humans are still required to write lengthy codes which a machine could do. This can change drastically in the future, though. With AI, it will be ten times easier to write accurate codes that will run just as well, if not better, than the ones programmers write. This manual workforce can then be utilised somewhere else where human labour can be substituted. This not just leads to a better profit sheet and return on investment, but also allows companies to utilize their manforce for essential purposes.
- Maintenance of websites using AI: Creating websites is one thing and maintaining them is another. Most people who have websites for their companies have no clue how the website actually runs, that is, the codes and mechanism behind the same. Hence, the web developers have to shoulder the responsibility to maintain the websites for their clients, which is a hefty job given how it has a tendency to pile up on one or a group of persons. Also, maintenance is often free of cost or done for a negligible amount when compared with actually building the same website. Hence, AI could be of great benefits if integrated into such scenarios. They could run all the checks and make changes according to the client’s demands in a manner which will be cost-effective and efficient.
- Betterment of voice-search quality: Voice-search has been around for many years now but has not been used to its full potential. One driving force behind the popularity of AI is the ease of operation. Here, voice-search is used extensively, an attribute that can be beneficial in the development of a website. Imagine giving commands to a software and watching it create your website according to it. While this is still some years into the future, and might be rolled out only in installments, it can’t get any simpler!
- Enhanced user-experience: This is a consequence of cumulative benefits for a user or client. If all the above points are implemented, they are bound to enhance user-experience exponentially. Artificial intelligence is primarily a tool that is centered on making user experience better. Various artificial intelligence algorithms work on learning what strategies are best with regard to user experience, and help in ascertaining the entities that users best react to. This helps elevate the level of the product in the eyes of prospective customers as well.
We do not know how long it will be till we can find AI extensively integrated into the web development systems. It could be a month, or a few years. But one thing is certain, this change will definitely take place as the industries driven by technology are already enjoying the services of AI. There are plenty of new things that the websites of the future will have. It is possible that the web development industry will change completely, for good.